We are in the middle of summer and nothing appeals more than eating very fresh salads. Many times, due to laziness or lack of knowledge, we limit ourselves to dressing our salads only with oil and vinegar. We propose a very simple recipe to make a basil balsamic vinaigrette that you can also keep in the fridge at home for two weeks to be able to dress your salads.
The recipe is very simple and although contrary to what you are surely thinking, this recipe requires cooking or rather, infusion:
For 250 ml of vinaigrette:
- 80ml balsamic vinegar
- 125 ml fruity olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (if it is whole cane, better)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the ingredients in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes (the basil will infuse with the oil).
- Strain the basil and store in a glass container with a lid.
- Serve once cold and store in the fridge for 2 weeks.