After the cold winter, simple and healthy vegetable recipes are craving. The wok is a super comfortable utensil to prepare them because of its large capacity.
The spicy flavors of Thailand come to life in this simple and tasty dish. I have prepared it with prawns, but you can use chicken or beef in strips instead, or simply make it with vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 200 g of peeled prawns
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
- 10 shiitake mushrooms without stems
- 1 zucchini cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 chili cut into thin slices
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves cut in half
- In a bowl put the fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce and lemon juice. Add the raw prawns and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a wok Advanced on high heat. Brown the garlic and onion.
- When they are ready add the pepper and sauté until soft. Now add the zucchini and sauté for a few minutes.
- Finally, add the mushrooms and prawns with the sauce.
- Give several turns and add the cornstarch. Sauté until the sauce thickens and the vegetables finish cooking.
- Remove the wok from the heat, and add the basil leaves. Serve accompanied by boiled basmati rice.
Photographs and recipe by Loleta .